Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Really Happy Day

Good Morning Friends!
I know you want me to "cut to the chase" (remember Seinfeld?), so I 'll say that in layman terms, the tumors have shrunk by at least HALF . The medical terminology describing particular body parts use the terms "reduced in size", "normal in caliber", "no new lesions are seen", "there has been a decrease in size of some of the largest masses. The actual pathology report makes for good reading, but it's better if you're a doctor.
Anyhoo, my therapist had suggested that because my last CT was such a tragic shock that it would be expected that my trepidation of this last one would be very stress inducing - which it was.
Also, that once I received a Ct that was encouraging, likely my future CTs would become more a matter of course than a heart attack inducing experience. It is my goal to absorb what I've just been told and allow myself to be joyful over today's news. Joyful and move forward - full speed ahead. My goal is by January to have a further drastic reduction in size of the tumors. In the meantime, I have a life to live, and I have prayed so hard to be able to take part in the distribution of the new tract next month and to be able to actually take part in building the new Kingdom Hall in San Ramon. It feels real to me. One of our very good clients told me that I need to be able to see myself in future positive places and situations - and she asked me: do I see myself living or dying? I could answer her honestly - "definately living - I can see it".
You know that Keith does most of the posting for this "blog" but I have to say that not one thing someone does for or says to me that is encouraging goes unnoticed by me. I know it's hard to sit around here sometimes when you have busy lives, but it makes a difference in my life and I thank you so much for it.
I meant to say more, but I have a pill regimen and I have to keep on top of it. Keith's parents Hazel and Bob are arriving on Monday and I'm so looking forward to it being a time of healing and positivity. Please feel free to visit anytime, visit Hazel and Bob and Zoe looks forward to seeing people except she's been getting a little too excited and has started whizzing on our visitors ( don't wear your expensive shoes when you come over). We're working on it. And anyone who knows Keith knows that he is always happy to have visitors. I'm sorry I went on so much about myself instead of mentioning right away that his Ct scan came back clear, he has some health issues to contend with due mostly to stress but no cancer. We both need to readjust to changing circumstances and chill out a bit more and realize that while this system under Satan's control is allowed to carry on, we need to roll with the punches and rely on the only One who can explain it to us and help us deal with what we have to, until he says: Enough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE are sooooo happy to here the good news!! I can't even imagine what a weight that has lifted from you..... thank you for sharing the good news with us!! :)

Bixby said...

My humans and I are thrilled to hear your good news! They think about you both so often (I liked seeing Zoe, too) and wish you the very very very best!!!!! XOXOX
=^0^=

cheryl@erpd said...

LOVE YOU!!