Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bad but could be worse

Dear friends, saw doctors yesterday to discuss c.t. scan. we feared they would say there was nothing else they could do, but the verdict was a marked increase again in the number and size of the metasteses in her liver. The largest of about 30 metasteses is about 8.5 c.m. it was 1.5 c.m. in September.
They have to take her off Doxil as it is doing nothing and put her on Topotecan, we are getting to the end of available choices for chemo's. She will start her new chemo next Tuesday and will have it weekly. It was her decision to keep fighting and keep doing chemo, she is incredible !!!!
So i fear time is severely reduced unless one of these last 2 chemo has an effect. The other problem is if she can continue to handle the toxicity and side effects of the .
I honestly thought i was loosing her to the inevitable liver failure last week, and she is in a lot of pain and suffering from complete loss of appetite and nausea and fatigue. If you can please call me on my cell, if you want to be a part of Lainey's final chapter i think now is the time to join in, it may be weeks, may be months, but i'd be surprised if it's longer than months unless we have a miracle turn around with the topotecan,
well there you have it, my life is surreal right now, and it is a great comfort to see and be around friends, i will desperately need you later when i find myself alone, i'm not one to be alone, can't handle it, so i'll need all my buddies to keep me from going down the tubes, that's as honest as i can be, love you all , Keith.

3 comments:

jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeremy said...

I dunno what else to say, except that

WE LOVE YOU BOTH THIS MUCH!

- Jeremy, Christina, Celia

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy, Thinking about you...and I think you need a HUG!
Call me when you feel up to it.

Ernie