Monday, August 11, 2008

From Lainey with Love

Hi everybody!
This is me this time.It's not easy for me to sit at a computer for as long as i'd like these days.But i just have to tell you all how happy i am to feel so loved and supported by all your good wishes and kind unselfish deeds.One of the things i pray for daily is to be able to have the opportunity to pay back some part of the riches i have received from you all.
Youv'e heard it said that even good things can come out of a bad situation. I never appreciated that until now. If you could only look inside my heart and head and see how much has changed for me.Big things have dwindled into nothing. And small things i've overlooked for many years have taken on such significance, that i'm not sure that anything but this cancer would have shown me the true value of life and all the things that can make it so happy and worthwhile.
I have gotten to know my friends so much better and new people have entered into my life.
What also touches me deeply is the many clients we work for now and in the past who are so compassionate and understanding. I wish i wasn't such a shy person. I want to be more like Keith.He can talk with people and get to know them so much easier. we have benefited from the type of business we are in from being able to interact with so many different personalities. One of the things i long for is to be able to hang paper in a room again.I miss the challenge and the satisfaction i got from giving it my all.
So, now i have new challenges. Every day the challenge is to get out of bed and find joy in doing simple things that make me feel like i've accomplished something.Maybe loading the dishwasher, or 1 load of laundry.
It was a really smart move to get another dog, because whenever i tend to want to stay in bed, Zoe, my puppy does her little whiny thing and that makes me immediately jump out of bed and get up for her sake.She's very attached to me, and i love that.
Because of the chemo (chemicals) my brain isn't too sharp, so i'm leaving the details of todays doctors visit to keith to share with you.What i can say is it hasn't sunken in that it is good news that my 'numbers" are coming down dramatically.
Before i sign off i want to say that my having a blog was the only way i thought of that we could share info with so many friends as expediently as possible.
I'm kind of self conscious that i even have a blog about me. But hopefully through it you can come to know me better.
I've wasted a lot of years in not spending enough time with the people in my life. You've been so good to Keith and i.You bring joy to us even in our saddest moments.
I've thought about all the things iv'e been through in life and have come to realize that there's more fighter in me than i realize.
Thank you for helping me fight.. I will do the same for you,
deepest love'
Lainey.

4 comments:

carmen hernandez said...

My dearest Lainey-
Thank you for sharing your progress
with so many of us that love & think of you often. It must not be easy when your day is filled with
so much. Take care.
Love,
Carmen Hernandez

Deven and Lisa said...

Beautiful! Thank you Elaine for sharing your feelings, it is not always easy to do that. It is amazing like you said that something good could come from something bad but it is great that you are experiencing that. And with the numbers coming down... yipee! Very exciting. See you soon. Love from the Dallmanns. :0)

Unknown said...

Lainey-
Don't feel self conscience about having your own blog. It's actually loving consideration on your part. You guys have been able to keep us all in the loop, and that make's US feel special. So thank you, because you're right, it is the most efficient. The most efficient way for US to tell YOU we love you. We're thinking of you and Keith always.
Love,
Stefanie

Jeff and Kat said...

Keith and Elaine, I just got a link to your blog and I really appreciated being able to hear how you are doing. It is encouraging to see what a beautiful brotherhood we have and the love we show for each other. Elaine, I have tears rolling down my face as I read your expressions and the feelings you are experiencing through your treatment. Thank you for being so open, it really is how we know what to do to help make it better. You have our love and thoughts and prayers, we look forward to seeing you soon (just 3 weeks!)
love katrina and jeff in Jamaica