Friday, August 1, 2008

Good news UCSF Says it's not PNET!!!

Will give details tomorrow, further testing by pathology dept at UCSF says it's not a PNET cancer. It is "A carcinoma of unknown primary origin, with no endocrine features' What does it mean , still a big battle to fight but the weapons won't be as harsh. She'll be taking only Gemzar for the next 8 weeks then we do a ct scan to see if it's working.That beats the He(( out of the aggressive 5 chemo coctail we were about to do!!! So we'll see, i'll write more later, must sleep, Lainey in excellent spririts, huge bounceback from Thursday which she said was the lowest most desperate point of her entire life. It's going to be tough but hope has returned to the lelliott household and tears of sorrow have been replaced with tears of relief and hope, love you all , remember to "maintain your sense of urgency' the rock is on it's way , AMEN!

2 comments:

jeremy said...

My dear brother, sister, and friends,

I have no words to describe how proud I am and the love that exists in my heart for you both. It cuts me deeply to see you in pain, and knowing the suffering Elaine in enduring. Both of you have demonstrated courage beyond measure. Please find some small comfort in knowing that you are deeply loved by so many people, and even more so by Jehovah and his entire heavenly organization. How much we look forward to the time when all pain will be over forever! Until then, Keith, know that I am ever and always ready to be the friend and brother that you want or need (Proverbs 17:17). No task or effort is too little or too big for me and mine in Elaine or your behalf. When and if I am useful to you, I leave to you; I feel blessed to have helped in the few small ways I have. Please know that your efforts and strength do not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

With the deepest brotherly love,
Jeremy Pulcifer

(feel free to delete this if it's too maudlin)

Deven and Lisa said...

YAY!!