Monday, December 15, 2008

Taken a turn for the worse Lainey in hospital

Dear friends Lainey has taken a turn for the worse. Over the weekend her discomfort increased,at 7 pm on Sunday evening her temperature spiked to 103. We rushed her to hospital, she was admitted at 2 am this morning (Monday)
We had a chest x ray done which showed pleural effusion. She has a large resevoir of fluid around the bottom half of her right lung. She has to have it drained tomorrow morning , which hopefully will relieve the pressure and enable her to breath easier.
We just had c.t. scans done of the brain, chest and abdomen. We should get results late tonight or early tomorrow a.m.
She has some kind of infection that is causing the fever, they are treating it with 3 kinds of antibiotics. They are testing for various diseases.
The fluid is the body producing it in response to the cancer, it may be from the existing cancer in the adjacent liver, or it may be from a new secondary site, (ie lungs) we will know when ct scan results come back.
I’m hoping to get her fever/infection under control and drain fluid and high tail it back to Pleasanton by Friday.
We need to be with our closest friends , family, doctors, support group. The friends in Tahoe have been amazing but there is no place like home under these circumstances.
I hope we can resume chemo in Walnut Creek next Tuesday but that remains to be seen.So many unanswered questions.
I am praying the cancer has not spread to her lungs.
She is calm, strong and dignified. She is in relatively no pain now and the temp is under conrol, last night at it’s peak she was shaking uncontrollably.
My little sweeheart has fought so hard so long, she is like a little kitten that hurt no one and is being kicked around by a gang of thugs. She is beaten and battered but will be victorious, she will maintain her integrity and loyalty to Jehovah God to the end and thus look forward to a resurrection to paradise.
Please, as I know you do ,pray for peace, a calm heart , strength, faith and courage for both of us but especially for my baby .
I am on the verge of emotional collapse but that will come later, right now I have to be her support, comfort and guardian. I will do all I humanly can to take care of her.
If we make it back to town , please come and share your love with her/us. Hopefully this is all premature and my little angel from Brooklyn will bounce back again, if not I pray her pain will end quickly and peacefully.
I’m going to be a royal mess, she’ll be asleep but I’ll be in my own living hell. So I’ll need lots of understanding friends for a while. I will bounce back and will not forsake the truth in my grief, I owe that to my courageous wife and many others of faith who have gone before.I'll close now, excuse that i can't field calls, im on 24 hour Lainey watch and care.
Love you all always Keith

No comments: